Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

Beginning Jan 1, 2011 anyone who enters any Oklahoma Wildlife Management Area MUST HAVE an Oklahoma hunting or fishing license or the new "Conservation Passport License", which costs $26 or a 3 day permit which costs $15. You may go to a business who sells the license (any place that sells hunting/fishing licenses) or pay $3 additional to get it online at This is a state statute and is separate from DoWackaDo and our entry fees. We just mention this as a courtesy to the Oklahoma Wildlife Department.

The 'Breaks' of Do-Wacka-Do

The 'Breaks' is an area of rough ranchland with lots of canyons and buttes. The region has white exposed gypsum strata in the soil from ancient shallow seas that were here 270 to 220 million years ago.  

Within the 'breaks', Sandy Sander WMA is a 30,000 acre state owned wildlife management area. It is used primarily by hunters from October to April. Trails are mostly double track ranch roads. The Elm Fork of the Red River (pictured right) is at the southern end of the WMA and is the drainage for the 'breaks'.

The Dowackado Ranch Headquarters where the start/finish is located is on the NE side of the WMA property (see Map Page for a map).

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT?Don't bet your Do-Wacka-Do, Wacka-Do, Wacka-Do, Wacka-Do, Wacka-Do...  

DWD on Facebook